My search for PDF to word file conversion software has not ended yet. Initially, I tried the online converter tools which were not up to the mark. Hence I had no other option but to try out the stand alone installed versions. Few readers of my blog suggested a number of such software tools. I found Adreamsoft’s PDF to word converter to be a good one with relatively good quality of converted files though I tried the beta version. Right now this tool is available free of cost for a limited period and soon this will cost about USD $29.95
This software can convert pdf files to either of word doc or docx formats. All you need to do is drag and drop the file into the main screen UI. Also, it is possible to directly right click on a pdf file and convert it to desired format. Though it is a bit sluggish for large files, quality is pretty good and easily editable after conversion. Following are the key features that the software maker claims, though I haven’t tested them exhaustively.
1. Convert PDF files to editable MS Word 2003-2007 formats (.doc, .docx).
2. Retain the original layout, format and images.
3. Convert entire document or only a specific page range.
4. Convert multiple PDF files to Word documents.
5. Convert PDF to Word quickly in shortcut menu by right-clicking the PDF file and selecting Convert with Adreamsoft PDF to Word.
6. Convert encrypted (copy, print and edit restricted) and password- protected PDF to Word documents.
7. Support PDF 1.0-1.7 formats.
If you are looking for similar tools, I think the search stops here. I am pretty contented with Adreamsoft’s pdf to word converter on Microsoft Windows. Only thing that I could wish for is to make this tool available for Mac OS X!