One of my blog reader ‘Vishwas Gaur’ had commented on my initial review of Fiat Linea with a detailed owner review of new Fiat Linea Emotion 2012. Posting that comment as a new guest article since it will help lot of folks who have been looking to buy one. You can read the comment here.
I wanted to buy a diesel sedan 2012 model. Survey was extensive with test driving Ford Fiesta, Maruti SX-4, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento and many more. I had driven Linea 2011 petrol version and with the pickup being sluggish, I was not at all interested in seeing Fiat linea. Then came 2012 and the new model of Linea Emotion 2012. The dealer just asked me to take one test drive, to which I very reluctantly agreed and within no time made up mind for my next vehicle – FIAT LINEA EMOTION 2012. I have already driven more than 2000 kms in last one month and this review is based on that.
– Admiration Guaranteed
– Mileage on highways is 18 kmpl when maintaining a speed around 100 KMPH.
– City mileage in places like Delhi works out to about 16 – 17 kmpl, once again depending upon the traffic.
– Car is feature rich and has got all the required controls on steering minus cruise control which actually is not required in Indian conditions. SX-4 is also good but does not have these features. Even new Maruti Suzuki Dzire has more features.
– The diesel vehicle driving is based on RPM and for anything more than 1800 RPM, the vehicle will not let u down. More than 80 KMPH the pickup virtually improves. tested till 130 KMPH.
–The variable geometry Turbo enures that the acceleration is smooth and will be difficult to make out that you are driving a diesel vehicle. In Rapid the jump is noticeable when you cross 1800 RPM.
– ABS is effective and is very useful at high speeds.
– Flat torque ensures that less frequent gear change as vehicle can pickup from 20 KMPH when in 5th gear. However, the pickup is slow when using this. RPM based which is low at this stage.
– Good boot space of 500 Ltrs.
– The top end model interiors are fabulous with leather seat covers.
– Colour : Tuscan wine is good but like any dark colour needs extra maintenance as dust easily shows. Get your car Teflon Coated, which will help to retain shine and gather less dust/scratches.
– Ground clearance is superb and clears almost all speed breakers.
– Auto head light function comes handy when entering mall parkings or UG parkings.
– Climate control is effective and very responsive.
– The servicing is around Rs. 4000 – 4500 annually or 15000 Km whichever is earlier. For Skoda vehicles it is around Rs. 10000 plus.
– Pickup is slightly sluggish when you want to race with some one or need faster pickup. In case this is your criteria, then go for engine with 1.6 l and above. Chevrolet vehicles are good with 2.0L engines.
– Limited or virtually no space inside the car for carrying stuff. i.e., pockets and space is minimal with no space for water bottle also. You need to carry a bag inside to carry any stuff.
– After sale service is provided by TATA. They, obviously, give preference to their own products. Here, PR will come handy.
– No parking sensors. This you should get fitted or alternately get camera as accessory. This I got it done extra, costed around Rs. 5000 and is effective.
Hope this will be useful. If you have any further queries please do feel free to post.
Shrinath Pendharkar says
Hi Mohan, thanks for the review. I an looking to buy used Fiat Linea 1.3l Emotion pack (sept. 2010, 55000km) in Pune. The car is in very good condition as per my understanding. Besides is it required to check servicing details? Or what all the things I should confirm before proceeding.? And what should be the right price?…
Nice post ..Keep posting like this
Thanks for the review, It was very informatory
Glad you liked it! Most welcome Sandeep.
Sir, Your articles are as usual informative. Can we expect a full review on Skoda Rapid? Performance, technical stuff, mileage, cost of spare parts after we start driving around, general cost of spare parts and user reviews. A kind of excel chart or comparison chart with key parameters will make it useful.
Hi Geevis, sure, let me test drive it sometime soon and post a review of Skoda Rapid.
Geevis, Skoda Rapid test drive article with a detailed review has been posted for your use.