Planet Earth is slowly getting warmer. Yes, our globe is warming. Whether you like it or not. Whether you are responsible or not. Even so, I know that it is happening. The temperature is rising, and there are going to be many consequences. Recently glanced through a Global Warming related headlines on a website, It was alarming to read those articles and future is certainly scary if we don’t act now.
Well, why am I writing about Global Warming here today? Because of a thoughtful ad that I saw in the office near the hand wash areas. The ad was very simple, it read “One is Enough”. It was pointing to the usage of tissue papers. Not that everyone uses tissues in abundance un-necessarily, but that ad was to stress upon the importance of limited & effecitve usage with minimal tissues. There by to contribute towards our part of carbon recycling which aligns with Yahoo!s “Go Green” campaign.
Now that we all know the importance of our awareness towards going green, here are some things you can do to make a difference.
* Change all of your light bulbs to compact florescence lights. By doing so, you’ll save more than 150 kilos of carbon dioxide, and more than 2,500 rupees a year.
* Plant a tree. They naturally suck up carbon dioxide, and filter the air.
* Use renewable sources of energy, where ever it is possible – Solar water heater is an example!
* Unplug electrical appliances when not in use. Even when they are turned off, they use up extra energy.
* Instead of getting new plastic or paper bags every time you go to the supermarket, bring reusable cloth/gunny bags. They will reduce waste.
If you want to know more ways to help save our planet, you can visit this page. do believe that Global Warming is a reality, and thus for all of us to keep on surviving comfortably, we should do something right now. A lot of people think “I’m going to be dead and gone before any of this happens”. We need to think about upcoming generations. We need to think about our children, and grand-children, and how horrible it feels. We should act today so that, they might have a good life similar to what we are having today.