As posted earlier, today I am posting the results of the survey that I had created for visitors on my site. Around 66 visitors participated in the survey. Take a deep look at the attached graph to understand it better.
Now, let me explain these numbers on the graph in a simple and easily understandable form:
- Question # 1 : Are you a Quest Net member?
- 47 people admitted that they were questnet members.
- 19 of the participants in the survey said they were not.
- This indicates that the survey was predominantly taken by questnet members which accounts to more than 71% of participants.
- Question # 2 : Did you analyze quest net business model before becoming a member?
- 39 participants said ‘Yes’, mean they analyzed the business – counts for 62%
- Remaining 28% of the people didn’t spend much time to analyze before joining
- This question was to find out whether people really made an effort to analyze it well before investing such a huge amount. The participants trend indicated that a vast majority of them did spend sometime thinking about it before joining hands with questnet. This is certainly a good sign.
- Question # 3 : Did you Understand the business model completely?
- Participants were equally divided on this question.
- This means only 50% of them understood how this business really runs. In turn this indirectly implies that people were not very clear on how they will get their money back in the form of commission over a period of time. Many have shared that they didn’t know that they need to complete the equally balanced tree nodes to both their right and left sides. If any one side fails to complete in the sets of 3, 7, 15, 31 etc., questnet member doesn’t qualify to receive the cheqes until tree gets balanced.
- This is a catch that the Quest Net presentation don’t clearly explain, they just run over this part in a hurry.
- Question # 4 : Have you made profits from this QuestNet business?
- The result of this question is alarming! Only 23% of the participants said they made profits while the remaining 77% said they ended up on the losers side.
- Considering the fact that only a small poplulation of that huge questnet members base have access to internet, can’t imagine how many would have lost their money by joining questnet.
- There is certainly no guaranty that all the participants have truly said that they made profits, reason being that they may not be able recover their already invested money. Since -ve trend indicates that people may not join this business anymore!
- Question # 5 : Did Quest net adversely affect your relation with friends and family?
- Again this question gave an alarming results. 60% agreed that it did affect their relation with friends and family in a bad manner.
- 17% were not sure if it affected, while only 22% were confident that it did not hamper the relations.
- Certainly, one thing is for sure, large population of members were taking a hit on their relations because of this questnet.
- Question # 6 : Did you know that only top 12% of questnet members get to make money?
- This was again equally distributed with results of Yes and No.
- However, one thing that amazed me is – how can people invest in questnet even after knowing 88% can’t make money?
- Well, the answer was simple, the questnet presenters talk only about introducing 2 members under them and subsequently each member introduce 2 more et., It sounds simple to talk/listen like this.
- However, when it comes to actual reality, people fail to realize that the tree needs to be balanced on both right & left sides under them.
- Question # 7 : Do you recommend Questnet to your friends?
- Questnet members seem to have learnt their mistake. 60% said a definite No to this question.
- Remaining 10% were not sure and 30% said they would recommend.
- Bottom line is that people have realized that this is not a business that will really help their friends.
- Question # 8 : Do you think a huge amount of money goes out of our country?
- 83% agreed with that statement while only 17% feel money remains with us.
- This result is very much in line with my initial analysis of 88% on losers side to that of 12% in gaining side.
- Even a simple calculation results analyzing how much money is being pumped into questnet. This is certainly not a good sign as the economical imbalance is created in a given territory over a period of time.
- Question # 9 : Do you feel common man is the target of this business as a possible questnet member?
- 70% of the survey takers said ‘Yes’ while 19% said ‘No’, another 11% were not sure.
- This means, most of the questnet members feel that they are targeting a common man as they are “the easy preys”. I say this because, they are the one who struggle a lot to earn money and dream big about a better living.
- Questnet is capitalizing on this weak point in the common man to trap them by showing big results.
After all this analysis of the survey, this is how I would like to summarize:
- Quest net does not NOT:
- help people but promotes greed
- educate people but blinds them
- solve a problem but create more problems
- Also, I made a point to talk to around 10+ questnet members in person. I was surprised to discover the following:
- Questnet members were bitter
- They felt cheated
- They were made worse off
- They were de-motivated
This could be a short list because I’m referring to only about 10+ people whom I met personally and spoke about this. Not sure about the fate of thousands of people who were lured into joining QuestNet in India. All I can say is, if you are willing to cheat your friends or relatives to make money, this is the business for you. One will always rejoice the money they earn hard. Forget not, what a life without few good friends to share your life with? Money is certainly not everything in life…
This business is to take people for a ride by giving wrong information please be far from such marketing persons and even if your friend who tries to convince you, this is my true advise and i am also in the mess now by swiping my credit card.
I totally agree with your opinions about the Questnet Mr.Mohan. Im a Malaysian and a friend of mine is persuading me o join his group but i had my doubts about the system. So now after all the researched i’ve done, i got the clear picture. Thank you very much. Your site helped me a lot.
To all the supporters of Questnet:
Mrs.Pushpam, a senior person of GQ was arrested some time back.
Last week Mrs.Padma, a senior personf of GQ was also arrested.
What is happening? If the business is good, not cheating any body, then when Mrs.Pushpam was arrested, serious steps should have been taken. Why Mrs.Padma has been arrested? What is the guarantee that again this will not repeat?
I have answered all your questions many a times on this blog. Have patience read through and then come back if you have any new set of questions.
If this questnet is such a great company, why is that it has not been successful in restoring the services even after 60 days from the raid date? If it were to be such a legitimate company, why would it close it offices across various cities in india when the complaints were filed only in chennai? After all this.. do you still want me to comment more on questnet?
Gr8 job man doing such a good work.
I have some questions
1) Was you a member of questnet
2) If yes then why you fail in this business.
3) And if not how do you know so much about quest.net
4) Did you did this survey Net based or live?
5) If on net are you confirm about the person who has attended the survey are not the member of other member of Network business?
6) Is there any other company doing Network Marking other as great as Questnet?
7) Do you know the value of Network Marketing?
B. MAYURA says
If anyone not capable to do business pls dont tell ppl business is not good ur business is not working because of u r failiur not business.
@ Hande …
Hi Hande … you got him dude.. hahahaha 😀 … that was good observation !!!
People know the consequences of getting involved in this kind of chain business. I saw a media report on NTV today that the complaints are still being filed in warangal district of andhra pradesh. God save people from these kind of white collared IRs.
Shrinidhi Hande says
Readers of this blog may wish to read my artilce: 12 reasons why MLM companies go wrong:
Shrinidhi Hande says
if your initial lines you said “I am not a member / partner of questnet.” In a later line you say “Apart from gold medallion we are having range of products”
that explains all…
Hi Akbar Ali,
Just amazing argent there … but tell you, these QN people have no answers for any of those questions you asked. As you are asking that how 9999 coins of Vainshnav Devi Mata can have Numismatic value ??? You know what they will answer ?? You need to wait for that coin to achieve numismatic value !!! May be few years or may be decade !!! Hahahaha 😀 … now what is that ??? Can you argue on these stupid explanations ?? There is not point in asking these questions to QN people .. we already know the answers to all those questions !! As this company is just fooling people and nothing else .. At the most we can do is log complain and stop others to get into the trap !!!
Akbar Ali says
There is a very thin line differentiating a Pyramid Scam and Referral marketing. In my opinion, GQ is a clevrly disguissed Pyramid principle using Referral marketing as disguise.
Pyramid principle is also banned in many countries because only the top layer earns money. GQ has disguised both using the concept of products like Numismatics, Vacations etc. But the disguise can be identified by the value for money this products are. I am not sure a product with value of 6K be sold for 35 K. Secondly, import tax of Gold being not paid as mentioned in Times of India article for the reason show cause notices have been issues to ICICI bank. Thirdly, the concept of Numismatic does not hold value as Certificate of authencity is not attached to the same. I am still not able to understand, how can 9999 Mata Vaishno Devi coins, which are also given by Mata Vaishno trust become Numismatic.
The business plan mentions about the Financial Independence figure, but I am not able to find any relevant study regarding the same or how the figure is reached.
GQ is banned in Iran, Sri Lanka, Nepal. If somehow, it gets banned in India, then does the company has any plans or policies to refund the money for the lowest level of investors. if so, then the company is a great company to work with, if not, then beware. Because, those lowest level of investors would ask those person who has enrolled them to give the money back.
Please refer to few articles in Mouthshut.com regarding the plight of those people, who have enrolled others before GQ was banned. Network marketing is a very dangerous business because you are referring those people, who have easy access to you and are your near and dear ones.You are simple playing with their trust on you. Take the example of Japan Life. Whatever, the company is doing, but I have not seen any robust plan of action in form of press releases or litigation supporting their method of business. If you give the example of Amway, then please refer to the articles in Newyork times in defence of Amway released by Amway, during the whole proceeding in court or with authorities.
Lastly, you are playing with others money. If you make loss in business or stock market, you yourself is accountable and its your money. Here its other people’s money..
vinay Kumar says
I was also firm beliver in the quest net scheme and its benefits, but my illusion is broken , when on e of friend whom i have convinced to join this business under me.
My friend has joined business in december 2007 and as promised by our uplines he will get his numismatic coin inthree months time. he waited patiently till three months and after that started asking about his product to me. On this i started checking with my uplines on product they told he has not recived product as his mobile no has changed and courier people might have contacted himto deliver the product but getting unreachable they might have sent back product to chennai office. this was in march.
After this we logged complaint at online portal of quest net, where we got reply that our complaint will belooked after and will get the update soon. Real trouble starts here when till 10 days we didn’t get any mail/ any update on website/ or any call(FYI my present mobile no is with quest net and we have logged two complaints one myself and onemy friend). On this again we gone back to our so called team leaders in banaglore as well as chennai, wherein they provided two landline nos one for chennai and one for bangalore . We both started calling on these nos religiously on daily basis at both locations, to our surprise nobody even picked the phone same nos has been displayed in quest website also . This we have done in march and April 2008 well before police started raiding quest offices for cheating people. After this we logged around ten complaints by mail / website request to quest net, but till today we didn’t get asingle reply onthem from so called ethical company .
I want your answers on following questions
1. During presentation its being told to you , you will get products i.e coins directly from Germanyfor which shipping charges of Rs 2300 is being taken from every customer and every coinis custommade on order only . Due to this it will take three months . agreed on all those facts. Now my question what is gold coins worth 10 to 20 kgs are doing at Chennai office of quest which is being confiscated by police when products are coming from Germany directly on per order basis for which Rs 2300 shipping chrge is being paid? why not direct shipping to customer doorsteps from germany ? it clearaly shows professionalism of company its functioning style and what is being conveyed to customers.
2.Quest claims to be operating in some 80 countries around world but question here is company that operates in 80 countries doesn’t have tracking mechanism of delivery of its product? for your info please purchase something on indiatimes or any other e-commerce site check how you get the updates on your product delivery dispatch etc.
3. At Quest every body says we are into e-commerce business, mydear friend company in e- commerce business and doesn’t know to respond to customer emails and provide him update on delivery of his product. why ????
Why to depend upon courier company only why not quest chennai office or anyother office clearly send updates to customer on his product disptach on regular basis after customer books the order till delivery at his dorsteps. What great model of e- commerce wherein use of email seems to be prohibited?
4. Quest is doing very ethical and transparent business .ok accepted. Now here comes my question when first complaint logged against company , why not a self inspection immedieatly appeal to public don’t panic we are there and we will not run away to ensure confidence in investors ? why after raids all the so called team leaders mobile gone switched off , and whose mobile is on not responding to calls from public? Why not immedietly open a grivences cell immedietly to look into peoples complaints ? Why nobody till today has openely came on any media nd assured public there grivences will be taken care ? Since one month nobody to respond to public queries?
have you got any answers to my above mentioned ?
This is in reply to one of the comment above dated May 21 2008 -9.27 pm.
1.Questnet is selling legal tender medallion and they have to imported through State Trading Corporation of India- Government Authority- after paying all the necessary duties and tax including VAT.
2.Questnet customers are paying TDS for their compensation packages and questnet is sending TDS statements for the same to file IT return.
3. Questnet is Registered company- in the Questnet Enterprises India private limited under Registrar of companies act.
4.Please visit.www.Qi-ltd.com,www.quest.net,www.global.quest.net to know more aboutthe corporate.
5.The questnet is not banned in Iran, But the country ban the import of gold so questnet numismatic products made up of gold can not be sold in iran. But iran is having large customer base for questnet.
6.The corporate once relased official commmoratve mdallions for FAO, Olympics and FIFA.Donot confuse our own ordinary gold coints.
7. If you have any doubts please post and i will answer your and others queries and it will be helathy discussion – donot worry
8. The blog will be used ful for finding a fact whether it is positive or negative no problem
9. Thank you very much for your initiation
all the best
I want to inform that ” before making any comments about Questnet” please understand the business model and its principles first and then use your brain and anlalyze it before take up the business.
I am not a member / partner of questnet. How ever I want to putforth some facts about this business model.
The complaints about quesnet business model can be summarized in 10 points
1. Is it a business model or scam
2. Is is cheating people by money circulation or marketing products
3. Who will benefit?
4. Who will lose
5. Is it legal?
6.Is it ethical
7. How the system works?
8.Whether products are over priced?
9.Is it banned in some countries?
10. Is it right to joint in this business?
What ever the question you raised the answer may be given in these 10 questions.
1. Questnet is e-commerce retail marketing program- What you are earning is not commission- It is called as Referral Marketing Compensation Package. It clearly indicates you are going to get compensation for your product worth of marketing and not for your number of downlines and other lines. If you can sell two products – vacation package – International – 5 lakhs cost- you can simply get a compensation of Rs.80,ooo .Please go through the Questnet Policies and Procedures is legal document- explains hou you should work as Independent Representative in Questnet. ( I am very sorry to say almost 90 % of greedy people join in questnet donot even know the policies and procedures of questnet)
Who will benefit?
Everybody will benefit in Questnet if your seriously and systematicaly works.It needs some training and knowledge. It is a business for quality people and not for idiots and introvert people. Though questnet doesnot ask any educational qualification- i insist some quality or drive to do this business- because you need to work with people and team of partners. The sytem is very simple but not easy.
3. Questnet is not selling gold. If you want to purchase gold coins please make a purchase in any jewellery shop. Gold quest international is one of subsidiary company of QI and it is a top numismatic company. Here i want to tell one thing- that numismatic is hard core english vocabulary word and normal IQ man can understand or familiar with this word. If you want to know the ABC of numismatics please visit original website to get more clarity.
So questnet is selling numismatic authenticated gold / silver medallions as luxrious products. So it is called Investment value products. You know one thing in some countries- people are not prefering gold as in investment option like inida and they are prefering art as inverstment option. The idea of gold quest international is blending of gold and art. That is all.
Apart from gold medallion we are having range of products- You can choose what ever you want.
The system of paying compensation is fool proof. for that you should go through the policies and procedures of the compamy. Based on the ceiling points at different levels, it is a viabale system to work with. If you have any doubts please let me know to explain. Because i have spent half a day to understand this system of paying compensation to customers
From each and everysale Questnet is going to 10-15 percent as netprofit – it is like any marketing strategy. Here the strength is the company need not pay any overheads for their marketing force.That is great advantage in any net work marketing system.
It is 100 percent legal and ethical – If you understand the business model. One more thing E- commerce is in budding stage in India, So these type of inital hicups will be there. It is all common for any new business model. But referral is power ful tool and the concept is beingused in all the industries now. Quest net is using the referal concept very systematically.
Questnet offers range of products -They are all their own products. Once i have visited QI resort in Malysia it is fantastic place to visit and rest. So i became of Quest vacation Club and the member ship cost is 2.7 lakhs how ever i am not doing this business. In my opinion it is novel business model and solid company to work with. If you want to buy the share of questnet- You can purchase Q- fund – it is available in Questnet site.
So my advice is spend some time in the site and go through the systems and have clear understanding before making any comment on questnet.
These type probles also faced by ebay.com, amzaon.com, half.com during initial periods. Then they become alright and people start accepting it.
Here the point is ” the conept of networking never fails” but the people fails, But the people will not accept the failure. I donot blame them also. it is nature it applies for me also, and we will start blaming others for our own failure.
But questnet is rock solid compay driven by principles and ethics. The problems in Tamilnadu and India are issues to addressed and i hope it can be easily handled by questnet in the court. The court will deliver its note based on the merit only. Un till then we have to wait.
With that i Stop here
Hi Mohan that was an excellent survey. Surely this will help people before investing huge money in marketing.I have given a link to you blog post and i feel of sharing a link exchange with your blog.If you are interested just let me know by mailing to my mail id or leaving a comment in the blog post.Thanks.
Shrinidhi Hande says
Govt collects tax from liquor industry also. But if people die consuming liquor, concerned company can’t be spared because it paid tax.
All QN members were discouraged from testing quality of gold coins saying that would destroy the neumismatic value of the coin. Questnet has not got any certifications from Hallmark or BIS before selling these coins
Q6, 8, 9, 10-I do not know about that memorandam and haven’t studied other aspects-No comments .
People weren’t fools, but most of them trusted their friends and invested. Their faith was misused.
People thought buying a gold coin and making two more people buy would make them wealthy. This illussion bubble busted one day and as one after another started realizing the dark side of QN they felt it will be a better idea to quit this and file a complaint.
congratulation for the effort on gold quest case.
as a common man i would like to put some reasonable quiries for your kind consideration and favaourable reply.
1. is the tamil nadu govermnet having any doubt about the registration of the company.
2. eventhough the govenment still enjoying the vat and import tax from gold quest is the goverment also a part of this scam.
3 i seen in an invoice of 29900 issued by questnet charged an amount of rs 3200 as vat.
4 is it the clients no that a major portion of their amount goes to govermnet as various taxes.
5. media says that the gold coins supplied by the company is not up to the quality standard. is any client check the quality at any of the quality checking centres for clarifications.
6. what is the openion of the registrar of companies about the memorandom of articles abut the company.
7. is it the company regularly paying taxes and tds to the goverment timely. if yes y the goverment stop their activities knowingly.
8. wat about the roumor in chennai saying that one of the senior tamil nadu minister behind this case due the revenge on some real estate case with the company.
9 why not any of the political leaders from both side opening their mouth if they have real feelings on the public.
10. is it the cash and articles seized by the police from the md s house found black money.
11. r u thinking that indians are fool by put thirty thousnd rupees without thinking twise.
12. y these people waited till date to give their complined to the police.
while going through the above i feel its is a fabricated case or somebody playing well for making easy money from the company by making fool to the public.
expecting ur openion at the earliest