Yahoo! Bangalore QE Conference was held on March 7th ’08. This marked the 3rd annual meet of Yahoo! India R&D quality engineering group. I have been fortunate enough to be a part of all the QE conferences in the past as well. As usual, there were a bunch of visitors from Yahoo! offices including UK, France and US. Unlike last year [where we had the conference in Wonderla amusement part], this time it was within the city at MLR convention center which is located inside the Brigade Millennium apartments premises.
Highlights of this years conference:
– Key notes from David Filo, Sharad Sharma [CEO] and Vish K [CIO]
– More number of technical white papers presentation
– An interesting talk on ‘Creative Thinking’ by Dr Gururaj Karajagi
– Musical Performance by Praveen Godkindi and group in the evening
– Delicious lunch from Adigas
I must say that the conference this time was very well planned and executed to perfection. Every aspect of the program was well received by all. Especially the talk on creative thinking by Dr karajagi was simply stupendous. His presentation of the subject kept all our attention. I liked his experiment on “Triangle with 2 lines”. Certainly, I wish to attend more sessions by him on various topics in the near future.
Musical performance by Praveen Godkhindi (on the long stout north Indian Bansuri) and his group was equally entertaining after a long day talking/listening about technical stuff. He was accompanied by
– Vidwan Pranesh Krishnamurthy on the short-slim south Indian flute
– Vidwan Anoor Ananthakrishna sharma on mrudanga
– Vidwan Madhusudan Srinivasaprasad on tabla
We all enjoyed the best of Hindustani and Karnatic musical notes jugalbandi. This included few compositions in Mohana, Kadana kuthoohala and a bunch of other ragas. It was a great day with lots of learning and entertainment off work place.
All the QE Yahoo!s got cool watch as a goodie this year, T-shirt was given on the last two occasions. You can see the photos of this 3rd Yahoo! Bangalore QE Conferece on flickr.