It is time to announce the winners of the ‘Go Green’ contest! This was announced a while back asking my readers to come up with innovative ways under the caption ‘Water Conservation and Efficient Usage‘. Though the response wasn’t great, I am happy to announce that there were 2 entries and declaring both of them to be winners!
Here is the link for both the entries along with few innovative thoughts on the subject:
Manna Sharma – http://sunin-virgo.blogspot.com/2010/05/go-green.html
- Don’t over water your lawn. As a general rule, lawns only need watering every 5 to 7 days in the summer and every 10 to 14 days in the winter. A hearty rain eliminates the need for watering for as long as two weeks.
- Never put water down the drain when there may be another use for it such as watering a plant or garden, or cleaning.
- How many of us think of water saving when you are out looking to buy a washing machine?
– If you are out, I would suggest that a front loading one would be any day lighter on the water usage as compared to the top loading kind. They might seem more expensive at first, but using less water also means using less electricity to heat the water etc.
- A friend of mine had an aquarium, and what he used to do was whenever he cleaned his aquarium, he emptied the water into a bucket and he would proceed to water the plants with it. The water in the aquarium is nutrient rich, and this being used to water plants, I thought, was a great idea!
Congratulations to both of you, let me know how you want to collect the AloeVera saplings 🙂
Also, today I received a 2010 calendar made with art work by Deepa Gopal from Deepaz World of Artz. Thank you so much Deepa. It is lovely and I feel privileged to have won that! What more can I receive on my birthday? that too from a friend known through my blog!
Since I still have 4 more saplings available, I will randomly choose the commentators on this article as lucky winners! this must be very easy…